Jane joined Scott-Moncrieff & Company in September 2015 and is very happy to be practicing law in beautiful Sidney, BC. Jane grew up in Victoria and completed her law degree at the University of Calgary. After graduating from law school, Jane articled and practiced family law and estate litigation at a boutique law firm in Victoria.
Jane’s practice at Scott-Moncrieff & Company is primarily focussed on family law. Jane provides legal advice to clients on issues arising on the breakdown of married and common-law relationships, including divorce, issues of custody, child support, spousal support and division of family property and debt. Jane is also able to assist clients in the preparation and negotiation of cohabitation, marriage and separation agreements.
Jane strives to resolve disputes without unnecessary cost or conflict. Her goal is to provide the advice and support her clients need in order to make the best decisions for themselves and their families. Jane works with clients to resolve their disputes primarily using negotiation, mediation and other out-of-court dispute resolution processes.
- Called to the BC Bar in 2012
- Juris Doctor, University of Calgary 2011
- Internship with Canadian Lawyers Abroad, Nairobi, Kenya 2010
- BA (Political Science), University of Victoria 2003
- Member, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Canadian Bar Association
- Member, Victoria Bar Association