- Trusts (lifetime and testamentary)
- Planning for blended families
- Adult guardianship and providing for disabled family members
- Estate freezes and succession planning for business owners
- Joint tenancy of assets
- Tax efficient charitable giving
- Powers of attorney
- Representation agreements for health care and personal care
- Committeeship applications
- Advising a person appointed as a power of attorney as to his/her duties and obligations
Scott-Moncrieff & Company has a wealth of experience in the preparation of wills, powers of attorney and other estate planning tools. Our lawyers provide customized and comprehensive estate planning services.
We help protect your assets and provide for the efficient distribution of those assets in accordance with your wishes. We offer clients a full range of services covering all aspects of estate planning from simple estate plans to complex family trusts and business succession planning. Our lawyers can answer your questions on issues such as joint tenancy of assets, avoiding probate, appointing executors and the tax treatment of assets on death.
Our lawyers prepare powers of attorney and representation agreements for health care and personal care (also known as living wills). These documents ensure that your financial, personal and health care needs will be met in the event of physical or mental incapacity. We also assist clients with committeeship applications in the event that a family member or friend is no longer able to manage their financial and personal affairs and does not have a power of attorney or representation agreement in place.